Love the way people just HAVE to get wet!
- Buy from our Galleries
Tag Archives: geneva
We are attracted to water.
In temperatures of 7 degrees on a drizzly, grey second of January in Geneva visitors are still attracted to ‘Le Jet d’Eau. It is one of the largest fountains in the world and once a safety valve for a hydraulic power work it became a landmark tourist attraction in Geneva.
Today I was having no luck with my search for a faster hard drive for my computer. Seeing the fountain and thinking of my Aquanimity 365 project I took on the challenge of taking a photo @ the Le Jet d’Eau with the only camera at hand; my Iphone 3G 😉 – “work with what you’ve got”!
This young couple got caught out by a change in wind direction, and ran for cover. I had one shot left on my phone memory so here is the best I could do working with what I had, today:
Whirlwind week last week with 3 visits to Switzerland (1 to Zurich and 2 to Geneva) and 1 visit to Italy. Lucky me. We had exciting developments this week in both our photographic and filming sectors…so watch this space…
47,466 hits in April from 499 individual visitors across over 25 different countries across the planet. What I love is people are coming from all regions, areas, religions, races, & creed..and seem to be enjoying our site, spending longer and longer with us. Thank-you so much. I love it that we are truly international! Keep sharing.
Best to you all for the new season.
- China to close over a third of legal ivory factories and shops by today, to remain on track to complete ivory trade ban by end of this year
- Tanzania's most wanted elephant ivory trafficker sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Latest official poaching figures show that South Africa is still losing three rhinos a day
- New field ranger training guidelines, could save the lives of those on the front line of the poaching battle
- Nepal announces new ambitious action plan to help secure future for its snow leopards